Dear Friends and Readers,
Ave Maria! As many of you know, I am beginning life as a diocesan priest hermit. My rule of life has been tentatively approved by the Archdiocese of Denver and it includes much prayer and some ministry. I am now seeking to raise $250,000 under Peregrino Hermitage Ltd., a tax-deductible 501(c)(3) organization, in order to buy a small home or condo in Denver as a hermitage. Here are a few reasons why you should continue to believe in my priesthood:
- I will continue praying Holy Mass and the Divine Office. I will be praying several hours a day for the restoration of the Catholic Church and the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- In the past 12 months alone, my blog and podcast had 2,200,000 visits with 794,000 unique visitors, not including bots. This means that more people were taught by me online than any of my seven former parishes.
- In May 2020, I will celebrate 10 years of my priesthood, having heard thousands of confessions in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese on five continents. I will continue offering the sacraments locally and abroad, but my missions will be fewer, as the contemplative life should now be greater than the active life.
- Every week, I hand out Miraculous Medals to strangers on the streets. I hope to be something of an urban “monk-missionary” as I now have a habit in which I will pray and walk.
- My pro-life work has made international news the past two years.
- In a time when many Catholics are wary of CCHD-tied giving, you can be assured that 100% of your tithe for this Advent/Christmas campaign will go purely to a priestly residence.
I am also seeking foundational supporters who will help anchor this hermitage with very large gifts; I would be happy to travel and meet such donors. But to everyone: Please commit to praying for me and please consider donating below. Also, please share this page with friends and family who are looking to be generous this Christmas.
In Jesus and Mary,
Fr. David Nix
|PayPal||Continue to Give|
|One-Time or Recurring||One-Time or Recurring|
Checks: Peregrino Hermitage Ltd.
Fr. David Nix